Friday 23 August 2013

safe cycling

safe cycling by rOcKeTdOgUk
safe cycling, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

after the success of the first road ride since my crash today was the first off road test. I wanted to stick pretty much to my usual circuit and see if i had gained "The Fear" of doing technical stuff. Strangely as a result of having suffered a concussion I don't actually remember crashing (see previous blog entries) so in my mind i never crashed, just seemed to have gained the injuries to go with one so i hit the first downhill at my usual speed and apart from a few back twinges when the wheels skipped off roots or stones I was soon back in the groove. So much so i found a trail that Dan had mentioned with a steep entry, two log drops, a jump and some very loose rutte, coach, put me back in the game!
i genuinely found the condom packet stuck to my back wheel, seems there is other fun things to do in the woods than just ride your bike! and it did strike a cord as at the start i was thinking I'd take things easy
ride 105
14 miles
total 2141
august 170
commute 891

No comments: