Sunday 29 December 2013

windy out

windy out by rOcKeTdOgUk
windy out, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

there were storm warnings of high winds and rain for today and they were spot on, the wind was gusting to 30mphbut it was daylight, i wasn't at work so there was no way i wasn't going out on the bike.
the first half of the ride was right into the teeth of the gale, it was quite an effort to keep going and I'll be honest if anyone had offered me a lift home in those first 5 miles I'd have gladly taken them up on the offer. As i reached the turn point which meant the wind was behind me it was much better.
Trying to get the pic of the ride i think i freaked a female dog walker out. i was placing the camera up a tree to get a more interesting angle which must have looked kind of weird from a distance and she looked more worried as she got closer and passed me. I gave a cheery "hello" and she quite timidly replied with the same and it might have been my imagination but she certainly seemed to speed up!
the last leg of the ride was completely wind powered as i was blown up the final hill and i'm sure it was the fastest I'd ever ridden that section!
ride 148
13 miles
total 3041
commute 1404

No comments: