Sunday 28 October 2012

the foggy sing a long ride

the foggy ride by rOcKeTdOgUk
the foggy ride, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.
not the best of conditions for a solo night ride, drizzly rain and thick fog on the top of the hills, but not having been out for a couple of days i needed to put some saddle time in.At least it wasn't too cold. as you can see from the picture wearing glasses was more hindering than usefull as they either got covered in a fine rain ist or the fog condensed on them making them almost opaque. eventually i gave in and removed them off and took my chances spectacle less. I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but i tend to talk or sing to myself when on solo night rides, whether this is to ward off eveil spirits (yes my crooning is that bad!) or just to take my mind off the darkness i don't know, but once i start off with a tune in my head it tends to stick to it and sing it constantly. maybe this is the reason i'm riding solo in the first place!
ride 154
10 miles
total 2935
commute 809

No comments: