Saturday 9 July 2011

the 50 mile ride

the 50 mile ride by rOcKeTdOgUk
the 50 mile ride, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

when i started a-pic-a-ride it was to motivate me to ride more as after my marriage break up my regular riding took a back step to beer and well, women. wild nights and 3 sometimes separate dates a week took their toll over the 2 years i indulged,and i lost the fitness i had, so being able to do a 50 miler means i've turned my life around and this project has worked as i intended. but that doesn't mean it's ending, this is just a step onto the ladder of motivation
the ride was great, the route was very lumpy so i was pleased that my legs didn't really feel it until the last 5 miles, i refueled with cheese sarnies and lemon madeira cake, added a second bottle cage for this ride and ran out of drink with about 7 miles to go, but all in all a good time, my first 50 for two decades
ride 75
51 miles
total 1121
commute 653
total+commute 1774

No comments: