Monday 6 June 2011

the swollen ankle ride

the swollen ankle ride by rOcKeTdOgUk
the swollen ankle ride, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.
after having the worst cold i've had for years this week i hadn't ridden for 5 days and also visiting the Bristol Bike Festival at the weekend i was desperate for a ride, however while taking photos at the Fest, (Bristol Bike Festival pictures here) I put my foot down a hole and twisted my ankle, not exactly a "Rad" sports injury but it is very painful and swollen all the same. so do i ride on the ankle and potentially make it worse? a friend on Twitter said her physio said cycling was the best thing for a sprained ankle as it moves the joint without the load of walking or running, so yea i went out :-) still feeling the effects of the cold my performance wasn't exactly competition standard but my ankle held up ok and i got rid of a lot of snot and mucous!
ride 59
11 miles
total 840
commute 552
total + commute 1392

No comments: