Sunday 20 August 2017

Pivot 24-12

Pivot 24:12 report,
I have to say my laps were horrific, but at the same time it was the best riding experience I've had in all the endurance races I've done. I had gear issues like so many others and i lost count of how many riders & spectators how helped or offered help. There were no egos out on the course, everyone was in it together & supporting one another, i felt euphoric at the end of my stint & the sense of achievement at surviving was emmense. Martyn Salt and his team must be under so much pressure when conditions are like this but of course nothing they can do about the weather.
Great weekend despite everything.
Big thanks to Judy & Roy for the hospitality & it was great to make new friends in Martijn & Jolien.
Thanks to Bruce for the essential mudhuggers, Graham for the amazing Henderson frame & Kevin for my forks, that upside down design meant no clogging issues thst many others faced.
Now for coffee and the long drive home

ride 55
9 miles
total 1189

No comments: