Wednesday 5 February 2014

the Super Bowl ride

superbowl1 by rOcKeTdOgUk
superbowl1, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

Today I had to go to a christening, somewhat inconveniently at 12 noon and with no time for a ride before hand I was getting a bit twitchy by 2pm. I wanted to ride so that the over indulgence of “super bowl snacks” whilst watching the big game would be off set. The opportunity came at around 4pm, knowing there was little light left I made sure I had the bike lights on and went for a quite fast intense ride. I managed a decent average on the first half but this included faffing around whith photographs and also the fact that half of it was downhill. This did mean however that the 2nd half would be mostly uphill and the challenge was to not go below the average I had set (10mph offroad). Well I did put the hammer down and tried not to slack off at any point and actually increased the average! Ending with 10.8mph which I was pretty pleased with.
Now for a power nap and to watch the football until 4am!
Ride 13
17 miles
Total 254

No comments: