Friday 29 March 2013

recce recce recce

recce recce recce by rOcKeTdOgUk
recce recce recce, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

with the Good Friday ride looming and after the deep drifts of yesterdays ride making the route planning difficult i set out again to check on other routes. Well on the last ride i did have a thought in the back of my mind that maybe I should cancel the ride as there were a few people coming from a distance and to just ride around a few lanes would be rubbish. I thought I'd check out routes that would have been potentially walked on and maybe flattened down. Happily this worked and because it was still freezing temps the snow was compacted enough for the tyres not to sink in. I also made it to the Waseley cafe, amazingly the top of the hill was almost snowless as the high winds had scoured it clean, so all was set for the group ride. bring it on!
ride 26
16 miles
total 439

No comments: