Sunday 1 December 2013

a tale of three hills

sunken lane by rOcKeTdOgUk
sunken lane, a photo by rOcKeTdOgUk on Flickr.

solo ride today with the vague idea to get some GoPro pictures. because i didn't start until midday there wasn't much time for messing about with the camera so the GoPro on 10 sec timer on the chest harness was ideal.
the trails were a lot drier than i was expecting and quite grippy but also covered in leaves so I was never 100% sure what the surface was like underneath, especially over at Clent. These conditions certainly kept me on my toes. I tried to keep the pace high and consistent, more to keep warm and beat sunset rather than any sort of training, I even deliberately passed on an opportunity for a hot drink and cake in Belbroughton Post Office!
by the end of the ride the sun had dropped to the horizon and the little bit of heat the sun had warmed me with was gone and I was glad to get home into the warm
ride 141
23 miles
total 2900
commute 1353

No comments: